Serenity ... What's That?

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Better late than never!

Gotta just love a cliche, especially when it's so appropriate! Thanks to Patrick for the nudge. I was getting here, I just kept getting distracted by stuff.
How about some quick catching up? Connor graduated 5th grade at the end of May. Oh my, that was great and emotional. I didn't think I'd cry, I mean, really, it's fifth grade, but it was really something special. His teacher also made a big deal of him and summed him up in one word: "Amazing"
I must agree.
Congratulations to Patrick and Tiffany, who were married May 13 in Amarillo! :) I suck as a friend cause I still haven't sent anything. Bad me. I'll get there!
Have been writing off and on. I recently had two books requested by Berkely and have been working on dusting those off and getting them ready to go. I've also been reading a riveting book by my friend Michelle Miles. It's a fantasy romance and all I can say is WOW. I love it!! We're working hard on getting it published. If you've ever read fantasy and longed for more of the romance they tease you with and vice versa, this is definitely the book for you! Trust me, when it's published, you'll love it.
Speaking of books, Susan Gable's newest Harlequin Superromance The Pregnancy Test will be coming out next month. Get thee to the nearest bookstore and buy it! Read an excerpt at www.susangable.com.
I can't wait for the day when I get to say that about myself, but in our circle we have a saying: BIC-HOK. Butt in chair, hands on keyboard. You gotta write and submit to sell.
Guess this means I need to tone down my Divine Divinity playing.
Off the cuff:
I got a royal flush in poker a few weeks ago. Playing a hand of screw your neighbor (except we called it Arkansas since I was sitting next to my brother). It was greatness. We had pictures and everything. My royal beat my brothers straight flush. Woohoo!!
The Rangers are doing great this year. Ended a five game losing streak today by beating Florida.
I've never believed in all that feng shui crap, but I recently rearranged my bedroom and guess what? I'm sleeping much better. Go figure...
Last thing before I sign off: Who saw SW:ROTS and what did you think?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate Screw Your Neighbor...your betting strategy was very good though for that hand.

    ROTS was great for what it was, the best of the 3 prequels and probably number III over all. V and IV are the top 2 in my book.

    Go Connor!!!!

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said…

    *blush* Thank you for the kind words. I hope to see that book in print some day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home