Serenity ... What's That?

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Warning: Super Proud Mama Report!!

My kid is awesome. Might as well just get that out in the open right now. Cool thing is, I'm not the only one who thinks so. Not even the only family member who thinks so. He's regularly commended for being such a good kid, for his good manners, his gentlemanly behavior ... and lest you think he's some namby-pamby sissy boy, the kid is also a mean shot with the paintball gun, could have strategized Napoleon to victory and can lift some pretty decent amounts of weight. Oh, and he throws a mean spiral!
Yesterday I find out he's been voted Bobcat's best by his fellow classmates. Each teacher's class has a Best Boy and Best Girl - no, they don't get Oscars. Nevertheless, it's a very cool honor. They get a breakfast, an award, all sorts of excellent things.
Today I learn that he's been voted the entire 5th Grade's best Citizen!! How cool is that? What a great guy. I'm very, very proud of him. Sheesh, this house could be seen from space, we're all beaming so proudly! There will be an extra game in this for him, I'm sure. (Hey, nothing wrong with a little incentive to get good grades. 5 years of straight A's, you know. Okay, there was that ONE darn B a couple of grading periods ago, but still...)
Great job, Connor, we're all very, very proud of you!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Connor, you are too cool for words. Way to go, kiddo! Congratulations, and keep up the good work. (Just stop interupting your mom when she's on the phone, 'kay? (G) )

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, we're are proud of Connor. As his maternal grandma I can attest to his excellent behavior, not to mention his intelligence(the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...just kidding.) As Jen says, praise and reward are a must to encourage a child to excel in most everything he/she does, but most of all, shower them with lots of love. Works everytime.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He's a great kid, glad others recognize that.

    Of course as his uncle, I'll take all the credit, thank you very much.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WAY TO GO, Connor!!!
    I'm not surprised, just glad others recognize you for what you are--one terrific human child! Keep it up, kiddo!!!!

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not sure how his uncle can be taking all the credit, unless it's an Arkansas family. As his daddy, I like at least a small nod! I'm the one who donated the genetic material! I'm very proud of you Anklebiter! Keep up the great work! I love you son!

    Daddy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home