Serenity ... What's That?

Friday, March 04, 2005

Welcome back, Susan!

Okay, I've been saving this particular blog for a very special ocassion. That stellar day has arrived. I call it a goosebump moment - I read something and it gave me goosebumps.
My best friend and CP - Susan Gable who writes for Harlequin SuperRomance - is ready to start the next book. For real this time. Let me tell you, we've had a time with this. And hell yes that's a royal we (don't forget I'm a princess/queen). Susan has had her share of fubar problems with this book - not even this book, but the book she wanted to write, only her editor wanted changes that turned the book into something that wasn't really talking to her. And when a story won't talk to you, that's trouble.
Months have gone by in this struggle, during which time she had a birthday (Happy Birthday!!), Christmas, moved to a new house, made it through edits on her next book - "The Pregnancy Test" due out in July of this year - and kept me at the keyboard working as well (mostly!).
The struggle finally ended when she decided (quite rightly!) that the book she wanted to write originally had to be done in its first form .Instead, she came up with this other incredible idea (she's an awesome writer - I'd read her stuff even if I wasn't her critique partner!) which I backed wholeheartedly.
Today I got my first glimpse of it and may I say "Holy Cow, this is going to be flippin' great!"
She always amazes me with how she can sit down, sort it out and start going, producing intricate, emotional, funny, sensual books with characters you love and continue to think about long after you've put down the book. We need more writers like her, but I'm very proud to have her as my own.
Good luck, Susan!!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwww, thanks, Jen. I wondered when I was going to rate a mention in your blog. (G) Yes, let's cross our fingers that this story is finally the right one for me to be working on now. It feels right, and it's willing to "talk" so that's a step in the right direction.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer August said…

    You're more than welcome. Fingers are duly crossed, though how you expect me to write that way, I don't know!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smartas*. Now go write something. Blog entries do NOT count, even if they do feature me. (G)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home