Serenity ... What's That?

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Circle of Trust

I work in a very deadline oriented business and while it's lots of fun, it can be incredibly stressful too. Lucky for me I thrive on that sort of challenge.
Even luckier I work with some of the coolest people on the planet. They keep me laughing, honest and (mostly) sane. We're all huddled together in one room - granted, it's a fairly big room and we're not rubbing bosom buddies or anything - but one room and five very loud people can make for some psychotic episodes.
Chris G is "da man" - a rocker, wild artist and totally awesome guy. He's my callipygian which means possessor of beautiful buttocks. We used to be plebians and just call him sweet ass, but we got this one in a word-of-the-day kind of thing and it stuck. Check him and his band out Feb 11 at the Dallas Music Fest in Deep Ellum!!
He shares his ofical (affectionately known as the double-wide) with Martha. A crazier girl, I doubt I've ever encountered. And violent. Holy moly, she's eeeeeevil (but in a totally good way!) Also known as black mamba, this sassy girl will have you laughing constantly. Watch out for those flying markers though, she's been known to take an eye out. And ask her about Ween.
Gina and I share a brain, especially the dirty thoughts. I've learned a lot from her. She's been a lifesaver to me more than once. Funny, sassy and the coolest cucumber on the planet! She'll show you how to look at every sitauation with incredible objectivity - then tell you how to make it reallllly dirty!!
Patrick is my Catholic Irishman and a damn fine one at that! A fine Catholic (what'd you think I meant? Have you ever seen his wife? She's smokin' hot!) Patrick has an affinity for Spongebob, peculiar humor and does the single best Carl from Caddyshack impression ever. EVER!!!!
Yale (he's my boss) doesn't sit with us. He's confined to the bowels of the "other side" but he's a hoot and a half himself. You should see what he brought in today. He SAID it was a massager, but the ones I have that look like that and move like that are called Bobs... :)
Anyway, more than you needed to know, but these people are my circle of trust. What cool, cool peeps I have.
All within easy throwing distance. And we do. Frequently.


4 Comments:

  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What can I say? There is something really hot about a woman that has nice things to say about you AND helps pimp your band! She is right though... I really do have a sweet ass and Martha is particularly evil (I have to wear a patch over my eye now, j.k.).

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You said cucumber!!!!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's a "bob?" No, wait, you said you have one? I think I don't want to know!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, BOB called and left a message. He says... rrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I noticed the picture you used shows you in your normal alcoholic state! I will check back later and make more snide comments!

    Phil

     

Post a Comment

<< Home