Serenity ... What's That?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Two in a row

So the end of February might seem like an odd time to makea New Year's Resolution, but what the heck, we all know I'm anything but conventional.

Have a couple of business things to address: Mr. Obermiller (that would be Steve, for those of you keeping track, the guy performing next Wed, the 8th at the Blue Neon) also has a kickin' CD for sale. In his words a mere $5! Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you a copy. I do have to say it's a damn fine CD. Not that I'm predjudiced or anything :)

Second, hugs to Christopher the ailing. Poor thing sounded sicker than an asthmatic cat with a hairball when we talked tonight. Mom & Dad say hi and why the hell don't you call them once in a while?

Third, most of y'all know about "the disaster". Well, it's been fixed and my stylist (Yes, she's mine now) did a darn tootin' good job! It took her three separate cuts to fix it properly, but she did it. I lost so much hair it's not even funny, but I've gotten lots of good feedback. Might post a pic sometime. Who knows. Anyone remember me with short hair? Well, it's not really short, but it sure ain't the long locks I used to have. C'est la vie, n'est pas?

So back to this resolution of mine. Susan & I are working on this thing called the Artist's Way, sort of a journey back to your creative self. It's worked pretty good so far. And one of the things such a journeyman(woman) must do is write every day. Yeah, technically, I should be using this time to write on my new story (which I adore, btw) but instead, I'm enjoying a second glass of wine and Steve's CD. Did I mention those are for sale? Cheap? C'mon, you gotta admit you're curious. Especially if I'm talking about it. Call me. Email me. Leave me a comment. I'll make sure you get your copy. Boy, that second glass hit me kinda hard, I'm even more rambly than ever.

Okay, so this writing thing hasn't worked out for me this past year and a half, but since working with the Artist's Way I've been able to identify some key issues and work on resolving them. Hence, my heretofore newfound ability to plot a book all by myself. Wow. Astounding.

Now on to writing it. Eventually :) Hey, I didn't say I was cured. I've got lots of things I'm working on this year: I want to work out more, lose more weight, date more (yeah, okay, that one's up for debate since I've heard a nasty rumor you actually have to leave your house in order to do that. So not ready.), write more, be a better mom, go to more Ranger games, enjoy the heck out of a new season of my newly found sports enjoyment - soccer. Can you believe it?! Went to a few games last year and rediscovered the joy of professional sports played for the love of the game, not the love of the money. If you remember the old days of baseball and even 70s Cowboys football, you'd get a kick from the natural high of being in Pizza Hut Park cheering on FC Dallas. Even if you're pretty much clueless about the rules. I really need to find someone who can explain them to me properly...

Apparently my blather content increases with my alocohol consumption.

What else am I working on this year? Patience, and I don't mean the song by GNR (who, incidently, Christopher told me will be playing in Ireland in June. Same place where they shot the video for ... ummm, one of the videos whose title escapes my zippy and blurred mind at the moment) Patience does not come naturally to me and it's one of the things I find most annoying about myself. And no, that's not your cue to tell me what annoys you about me! I snap at Connor sometimes for no reason (sorry, Bear) and I want this book written NOW. I want an answer NOW. Hell, I want lots of things NOW. None of it is happening. So, to combat this relentless itch to have it now, I'm practicing certain new age mumbo jumbo techniques. Most of these involve music and not one involves illegal substances :) Just in case you wondered.

So, wish me well, peeps, in my quest this year. It can only benefit us all!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck!

    Now, stop blogging and get writing!

    (I need to take my own advice. LOL)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home