Serenity ... What's That?

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The start of a new year - middle school!

Connor is in middle school, can you believe it? Wow, he's growing up so fast. Still a total mini-me world dominator to be, though. That much hasn't changed. During the summer, we received a letter from an organization inviting him to travel to Europe for 20 days. This is due to his good grades, community spirit and recommendations from his teachers.
Want to know what tipped the scales for him to say yes? Here, I'll quote directly from the travelogue they enclosed:
Storm the coast of Normandy to trace the D-Day steps of U.S. troops in World War II.
Yeah, that was all it took. lol He's such a character. Wish us luck that he'll get to go. I know he's looking forward to it. Of course, he's grown up hearing stories about when we lived in Europe as kids, and my mom's growing up in France. Throw in his dad's Scottish heritage and you've got a kid aching to get over there. Funny thing is I was going to try to take him next year. Maybe this is the way I'll be able to do. Don't everyone roll their eyes at once. I'd let him go by himself (really!) but if I can get back overseas for a minimal cost, you can bet your sweet patootie I'm going to do it!

Good luck with sixth grade, Connor!

Plus...
Anyone watching Rockstar: INXS? It's actually very good. The talent they have (with a few head-scratching exceptions) has blown American Idol out of the water. Makes it look like a junior high talent show. Okay, that's not to say I won't be watching the next installment of AI, but this is so much better.

For my money, I'd love to see Jordis fronting the band, but I'm thinking that won't happen. This girl's got a voice as deep and passionate as Joss Stone, but with an underlying true rock style that sucks you in.

I'm betting that MiG wins, though. He seems to just fit the "profile" whatever that is. I like him, too.

The one I absolutely can't stand is J.D. Think Omarosa but worse. More egotistical and conniving. His attitude just gives me the creeps. And he doesn't sing that well, either. A lot better than the other two blonde chicks who are unfathomably still on the show, but not by much.

Just in case you guys have been under a rock somewhere, you can check all the data out at www.rockstar.msn.com.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope Connor gets to go, I'd love to go back to Europe. I know he'll have a great time.

    Quit frying brain cells on junk reality tv, watch Arrested Development!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home