Serenity ... What's That?

Monday, November 12, 2007

ACLU - look out, I'm coming for you

Okay, is it just me or have you absolutely had it with the stupid crap the ACLU lobbys for? Is this not America? Land of the free, home of the brave, merry Christmas and God? WTF, people?! Who the freakin' hell appointed them the overseer of all of America? I'm sorry, but they are NOT taking into account my opinions, my wants, my needs. I WANT to yell Merry Christmas at the top of my lungs. I want to drape multi-colored lights across my cubicle and celebrate the birth of Christ. People who work for the government - any type of government - can't do that because it might hurt someone's feelings? BULLSHIT.
Get a freakin' life, get a clue or get the hell onto the next f***ing boat back to where you came from. I do not begrudge you the right to celebrate and acknowledge your beliefs, customs or deities, so why do we allow the aura of political correctness to seep into our most fundamental beliefs? This is AMERICA. We speak English, we worship God, we celebrate Christmas or Hannukah or Ramadan or Kwanzaa and more power to each and every one of us. To each his own. GOD Bless America. But nooooo, the ACLU has different ideas. Someone is paying them good AMERICAN money to force everyone to be bland, pablum and enact a lemmingesque mentality.
I think it's enough. Tell me how my being told Merry Christmas at the post office, city hall or the courthouse is supposed to denigrate AMERICAN society. Tell me that by appeasing everyone ELSE we are not losing our own identity. We are AMERICANS people, we built this country on sweat, hard work and ideals that should not be cast aside simply because someone from another culture, another country gets a wee bit miffed. Know what I say to that? Get the fuck out of MY country. I don't go to yours and expect you to do things my way or no way, so why the flying hell do you get to come here and do it to me?
You don't.
And from this moment on, I will do everything I can to make sure that the AMERICAN way is upheld, that the Christ in Merry Christmas is a greeting oft heard and that my country returns to its roots.
I think we ought to sue the ACLU because by GOD, I don't see anything, not one damn thing that's AMERICAN in their actions. Let's force them to take out the word AMERICAN from their name. They do not deserve to denigrate the moniker.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Start by saying Merry Christmas. Say it often. Say it to every sales clerk you run into. Say it to passerbys. We need to reclaim this season, and it starts with a simple Merry Christmas.

    Second, get rid of all the Santa and snowman on the front lawn. Let's all put up a nativity scene. Star of Bethlehem. Let's get back to the real reason for the season.

    If you read a retailer's ad for "holiday" merchandise, email the company and tell them you won't be shopping with them until they go back to calling it Christmas. I mean, a holiday tree? A FAMILY tree? Let's get real.

    Take it back, Americans.

    And hey, next week, give Thanks. To God. That will tick off the ACLU, too.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said…

    Well said, Jen!
    People need to GET OVER THEMSELVES and not with just this holiday stuff, but we can start there. I have no problem whatsoever if someone wishes ME a happy Kawanzaa or Ramadan or WHATEVER, so allow ME the same courtesy. MERRY CHRISTMAS! And let me decorate or not as I see fit.

    BAH HUMBUG!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, even if I agree with you, you will still find a bar of soap under your Christmas tree, Missy!!!
    Well said, tho. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home